Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm a Garbage Picker.

Last night, I was driving home from time with friends when to my excitement I drove past someone's trash pile. I saw a little gem there that quickly made it's way in to the passenger seat. It took me a total of about 10 minutes this morning to fix this little thing up to make it one of The Bug's entourage for imaginary play.
BEFORE
It was just a little beat up.
And in need of a little camo effect for these holes.
And of course needed a good wipe down cause who knows
what kind of nastiness could have been crawling around here.
AFTER:
I used my exacto knife, a little scrapbook paper that I hadn't yet
found a use for, and some modge podge and
Vwa-la!

The funnest part is that it matches her $30 wooden kitchen that she got last year.
Coordination is always important, even if it's play toys. :)
I have so much fun with this stuff that my fear is one day, I will be one of those folks that you see driving around the night before the garbage man comes. You know, the ones with with garbage piled up strategically in a tower so that they can fit an obscene amount of things in to the truck bed?

There is something metaphorical about this I think. Taking something ugly or dirty or broken and making it beautiful. Kind of reminds me of what Jesus is doing with me. And I like being reminded of that.

2 comments:

Demetrius and Amy said...

i love it! my friends in mobile, al call it going "junk'in". maybe we could go junkin' together some time?

black tag diaries said...

that is by far one of the cutest things I have ever seen. seriously.