Thursday, January 6, 2011

Embrace the Camera & A Picture Globey Thing

As I finish up my Christmas gift making...I've never been one for deadlines....I came across this fun idea on photojojo. You can go here to learn more about the idea, the necessary supplies and download the template or just read on while I do a picture page of my craft time for today. I changed a few things up....Did I mention that crafts are really therapeutic? And while they can become expensive, crafting supplies are way cheaper than $110 per session to see a therapist. And, so I craft on.

The template gives you 2 sizes to choose from. I chose the smaller one...
I cut out the circles that I traced from some scrapbooking paper that I already had.
I then channeled my inner ninja to fold this triangle. The directions
say use a "scoring tool." I used my pampered chef scraper instead.
Scored that baby up. Thank you, inner ninja.
In the background you will see my little circle punch.
Really Martha? $17.99? I mean it's sturdy, but really?
You are so lucky I had a coupon girl. After I got over the price of the
hole punch (not really), I taped the pictures on the back of the oragami
and trimmed as needed so as to not interrupt the flow of
the globe.
I paired up the 10 little whichamathingers to make sure that
they at least coordinated.
And then punched out the rest of my $18 holes. Oh, btw, I
got the photos printed out at Walgreen's by using the 4 x 6 collage tool.
They were only 39 cents a piece. Shh. Don't tell Walgreen's I told you cause
I think this is an oversight. They are usually much pricier than that.
Back to the story, line up the pieces with one triangle facing up, then down,
and so forth. Glue 10 of them together as pictured below and then
join the little chain. I used tacky glue rather than hot glue. Because tacky
is just how I roll. I have Ugly Christmas sweater party pictures to prove it. :)
Yes, those are lights in my head. My daughter thought it was awesome.
Oh yeah, I was doing a craft.
It will look like the middle below. Then join the 5 together twice...
make sure the photos are
facing the way you want them too...take a minute to enjoy the cute
little flowery nuggets that you have made...I did.
I used some hemp that I had laying around for the little
hanging part. This is the only kind of hemp product that
I have in the house. Honest. Drugs are never as good of therapy
as they seem. Although if I wanted some to smoke, I
am pretty sure that my neighbors would share. I braided it as shown.
Used my trusty $18 hole punch to secure it....it is a good paper weight.
Props on that one, Martha.
I knotted both ends of the hemp and stuck it up through the little
hole in the top part. I put some glue on it to secure it a little more.
And wallah, a little picture globey thing, for your viewing pleasure.
And for your funny bone, the rest of my outfit.
This was the best I could do considering that the
rest of America is now apparently searching for ugly sweaters
and Good Will was officially out of stock.

Thanks photojojo for the inspiration for my therapy today. :) Robyn,
your gifts will be on their way soon! Good night all!

2 comments:

Emily Anderson said...

okay, love the globe thingy :)
and love your outfit...what in the H-e-l-l is hanging around your neck? it's awesome.

MellieButterfly said...

it's a christmas clock....it plays a new tune every hour on the hour. i channeled flava flav on this one...:)