Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cewing Circle~January Edition.

Howdy to the people interested in meeting up with us to get our sew on! I have been a serious slacker in getting this post up, but not to fear...this month, we will be meeting on the 2nd Tuesday (instead of the 1st) for Cewing Circle. Hopefully this will give us all time to recover from our Christmas hangovers. This of course is figurative not literal. For some of us, at least.

What, you might ask, will we be doing at the Circle in the next few months? Good question! Does anyone have any suggestions? I made some super cute kitchen towels over the holidays to give as gifts. I was inspired by an old towel that Mary showed us and she happened to have the pattern for them. I am on a serious mission to bring this fad back of buttoning our towels to our stoves and refrigerators. I don't why it's a mission. Or why I am so serious about it. I just think they are fun. And I need more fun in my life, okay?

I like to call them Dishy Towels. :)
You may recognize the fabric...it's leftover from the pillow I
made last month.
Which is finally complete!

This project (the dishy towel) teaches you a few different skills that are valuable. So, let's do it! You will need to bring:

1.) just a small amount of scrap fabric (at least 12 inches x 12 inches).
2.) matching thread (or purposely not matching, which is what I did)
3.) a button
4.) a dish towel of some sort. (I got 2 packs of microfiber ones (one at Ross and one at Old Time Pottery for a total of $6. This made at least 10 towels. )

How does that sound for a plan? So, gather up your goodies and head on over to Hannah's place at 7:30pm on Jan. 11th. It's located right by Lake Eola at 335 Cathcart Ave. Orlando. Later gators!

No comments: