Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Merry Christmas to you! In the form of Gingerbread Waffles.

It's Christmas morn at my house. I have donned my new zebra print snuggie and am super cozy. Not a creature is stirring and it's 8:31am! So, in order to contain my excitement of seeing The Bug experience this oh so special of days and in celebration of all things Christmas, I wanted to share a new fun recipe that I got out of a Family Circle magazine. Shout out to the ladies at the Dr. Tucker's office for copying it for me! :)

Gingerbread Muffles (as a certain little 2 year old calls them.)

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalter butter, melted
1/2 cup molasses

1.) In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2.) Beat eggs and sugar together until combined. Pour buttermilk and butter in to egg mixture; beat until well-blended.
3.) Heat waffle iron according to directions. Make a well in flour mixture and stir in egg mixture and molasses until well blended.
4.) Pour about 1/2 cup waffle batter in to each waffle mold, then close lid and cook for 2 minutes. Remove carefully and place on baking sheet in warm oven. Serve with maple syrup and fruit. I used strawberries. Yummy!
Merry Christmas to my tummy:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS. THANKS FOR COMING TO SAVE US ALL. AMEN.

No comments: