Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Newest Venture

I mentioned in my last post that I got a new camera lens for my birthday. Woot! Woot! I have long aspired to develop my skills and it really is a pretty accessible hobby. For a while now, I have been taking pics manually (ie. having to remember to adjust for light and speed and such) so that the quality of my shots will improve. Geez, this is a huge learning process. But, this past week, I had my first official shoot! My dear friend Amy is prego and soon to have baby #3. Below are a few of my faves:



I was taking part in a 12 weeks to better pictures self-guided course, but that was derailed by the unexpected move. So, see me a few months from now, and hopefully, most of the pictures will be in focus, not blurry, well-lighted and crisp! And, I am always in need of models...even Selah is getting super tired of me snapping her pictures. So, if you'd like some shots done of you or the fam or whatever, let me know and I'll give it a go.

2 comments:

jessica said...

whew girlie! you are workin yo thang on that camera! the pics looks awesome! you'll have to show me a few things next time we (ever) get to hang out.

MellieButterfly said...

thanks jess! i am so stoked about what i am learning! :)