Sunday, September 5, 2010

Warning: Terrible twos ahead?

So, as of late, Little Miss Sunshine has been learning her way around things that she dislikes and asserting her independence more and more. She says things like "not today" when I inform her that we need to do a diaper change or when I ask her to try to sit on the potty. "I don't yike it" when I give her a food that she has eaten 400 times before.

The other day, I put her in time out for disobeying. She was inpatient, and angry, calling out Mom! Mommy! Mom! Mom! Having watched enough Supernanny to know, I chose not to reward her with my attention, so I stayed quiet. Again, Mom! Mommy! And then (authoratatively) "YOU HEAR ME????????!!!!!" I learned very quickly how to laugh discretely that day. Oh, this is gonna be fun....


No comments: